When preparing a cake I always think of which ingredients and flavours to combine, experimenting in a way and getting a really tasty result. But all cooking is experimenting in a way, either you are repeating someone’s experiment by following their recipe or you are creating yourself a new delicious dish to surprise your guests. They always say that you should follow the recipe by the letter, especially when cakes are in question, but there are still simple desserts you can improve yourself a million different ways and find a way of bringing them up a notch, and that’s exactly what I did with this cheesecake.
We all now the simple but incredibly delicious classic Cheesecake anyone can make in less than an hour, both baking it or making a raw one. Even though we know the classic one, most of us have some version of our favourite cheesecake – raspberry cheesecake, cherry cheesecake or Nutella cheesecake.. and that’s my point, cheesecake is exactly a cake which you can experiment with. I’ve posted a few cheesecake recipes so far and you can check them out – Strawberry cheesecake , Cheesecake with chocolate glaze , Pumpkin cheesecake , Cherry cheesecake & Forest fruit cheesecake .
This Pear cheesecake recipe came to me in the middle of the pear season, since my family has friends who grow all kinds of fruit our fridge is always stacked with delicious ripe fruit. We just had to use the pears we had in the fridge and I thought of making combination of something new with something we all know and love like cheesecake. The cake is really fresh because of the pears which bring out the flavour with the tone of lime and the creamy cheese texture. It’s a no-brainer – you should try it out!
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 35 min
Cook time: 35 min
- 15 whole graham crackers, ground
- 80 g butter
- 800 g cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3 pears, peeled and ground
- 100 g brown sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lime
- some fresh mint, chopped
- 350 almonds
- 200 g white chocolate
- 3 tbsp almond oil
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Melt 80 g of butter in a small sauce pan. Mix in the butter with ground crackers and press them in a round cake pan.
- Place cream cheese, 4 eggs, ground pears, brown sugar, vanilla extract, lime juice, lime zest and chopped fresh mint. Mix the ingredients until combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the ground crackers in a round cake pan.
- Bake the cheesecake in a preheated oven for about 35-40 min. Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Melt the white chocolate over steam, add almond oil and stir to combine. In a second pot cook the almonds for about 5-10 min until the skin falls off of them. Dip the peeled almonds in melted white chocolate and place them on a blank parchment paper. Place the almonds in the fridge so the chocolate sets. Place the almonds on top of the cake and serve right out of the fridge.