A delicious pie, who doesn’t like it? There is a tasty grandma pie as I call it – a traditional apple pie with cinnamon, as I remember it I can imagine the scent of freshly baked pie passing through the rooms of the house. There is also a scrumptious pumpkin pie – not so popular around here, so I had the pleasure to try it just a few years ago, and loved it since. Also the many combinations of the most chocolaty chocolate pie, all kinds of fruit pies and many more.
This wonderful cheese pie, or cheesecake with a chocolate glaze is a great dessert for the weekend. Try it out and tell me what you think!
Preparation: 15 min Cook time: 30 min Servings: 8
- 5 eggs
- 150 g butter, unsalted
- 300 g strong flour
- 100 g sugar
- 400 g cream cheese
- 70 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g chocolate
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl mix together 3 eggs, 100 g of sugar, flour and softened butter. Knead manually until you get a firm dough. Press the dough in an oval shape and leave it in a fridge for 30 min to an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C. Butter a round cake pan or a pie tray.
- In a large bowl stir in together cheese, 2 eggs, 70 g of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and place it in a buttered cake pan/pie tray. Poke the dough with a fork and place the cheese mixture on top of it. Bake the pie for 30 min in a preheated oven.
- While the pie cools off, melt the chocolate over steam and stir in olive oil until you get a shiny glaze. Finish the pie with a chocolate glaze.