A perfect dessert for a cold autumn day. There is nothing better than spending time near the hot oven, in your kitchen surrounded with sweet scent of cakes and cookies still warm, while a white cover hides the streets outside. And as you roll out the dough, or mix the ingredients for the most delicious cake topping, you can just hear laughter and joy in voices of your family members who are just about to arrive to your home. That’s the picture I have every time I grab a bag of flour, large mixing bowl and a small sauce pan.
I already posted a few cheesecake recipes and as I mentioned before there are new ones on their way. This is one of them, a sweet combination of pumpkin, chocolate and cream cheese. It’s probably a step forward from a traditional chocolate cake and a delicious pumpkin pie, but it combines the two in a most delicious way. Don’t hesitate, the first bite you take won’t be the last, and instead of eating just one slices, you’ll ask for more.
Grab the ingredients, put an apron on and prepare this tasty cake. I hope you’ll like it and your loved ones too. Come back for more amazing recipes!
Preparation: 20 min Cook time: 1 h Servings: 8
- 700 g cream cheese
- 500 g pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g integral chocolate cookies
- 100 g butter
- 200 g chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Ground the chocolate cookies and mix together with 100 g of softened butter. Place the cookie mixture in a round cake pan. Press the mixture in and leave in a fridge until ready to bake.
- Wash the pumpkin, peel it and slice it. Cook the pumpkin until soft. Dry the pumpkin and process it in a food processor.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, and sugar. Stir in the cream cheese. Divide the mixture in half. Add the processed pumpkin to the first half of the mixture.
- Melt the chocolate over steam and add it to the second half of the mixture.
- Take the cake pan out of the fridge and top the ground cookies with chocolate – cheese mixture. Pour the second, pumpkin mixture over it and bake the cake for 50 min in a preheated oven.
- Finish the cake when it cools down with chocolate shavings.