About a week and a half ago I shared a recipe for Tortilla chips crusted steak, and in my opinion the best side dish to a delicious steak like that is a fresh mixed seasonal, in this case, Mexican salad. As I’m watching the snow fall outside my house, here in Zagreb, I couldn’t think of a better recipe, with so much colour and flavour. Check the recipe for Tortilla crusted steak via the link below, and the recipe for mixed Mexican salad in this post.
A few interesting facts about red kidney beans:
- Lowers Cholesterol and Reduces Heart Disease Risk
- Combats Diabetes
- Controls Blood Sugar
- Aids in Weight loss
- Helps Treat and Prevent Certain Cancers
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Follow me on Instagram – chefkreso
Follow me on Twitter – chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 10 min
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup red kidney beans, precooked
- 1 1/2 cup green beans, precooked
- 2 tbsp pumpkin oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp aceto balsamico rosso
- 1 tbsp aceto balsamico
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place sliced tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, precooked snapped green beans and red kidney beans in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together some salt, pepper, pumpkin oil, aceto balsamico and the aceto balsamico rosso.
- Season the fresh salad with the pumpkin oil-aceto dressing. Enjoy!