I’ve got some awesome news… I got a new job!! 😀 It’s temporary one for now, as I’m planning on returning to college for my Master’s degree in September, but it’s great, the people are fun and the whole work environment is wonderful. So I’ve been working for the past week, from noon till late in the evening and I just had enough time to prepare something for supper and pop by to check the notifications on my blog. I’m happy to finally be posting a recipe, a dish I first made last summer… oh how I wish it was summer again, I’m actually started a countdown.
A few interesting facts about bell peppers:
- Bell peppers originated from Mexico, and Central and South America
- Despite the similarity in name, bell peppers are in no way related to black pepper
- Aside from the more common green colour, bell peppers also come in red, orange, yellow, white and purple, there are even black and brown bell peppers
- The bell pepper tops the list of foods with the highest levels of Vitamin C
- Red bell peppers have more than twice the vitamin C of a green pepper
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Follow me on Instagram – chefkreso
Follow me on Twitter – chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 30 min
Cook time: 1 h
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 batch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp red paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, red paprika, chili pepper and curry powder. Set aside to season.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Place chicken thighs in a glass baking tray, and around it sliced onion, bell pepper and chopped fresh parsley.
- Whisk together Greek yogurt, dijon mustard and garlic powder. Cover the chicken thighs with yogurt sauce and bake in a preheated oven for about 1 h, first covered with aluminum foil and the last 10 min uncovered, until cooked all the way through. Enjoy with a big bowl of lettuce and steamed rice.