It’s finally Friday and I’m going out tonight! When going out, for me it’s all about having an amazing dinner before, to set the mood. Being happy about it, I prepared something delicious for dinner. This is already a good old classic in my home, but I just can’t get enough of these Dijon mustard & honey marinated pork shoulder steaks, and of course Vegetable & bacon barley I’ve posted about so far and prepared for many occasions.
If you’re looking for some more delicious ideas here are a few:
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 pork shoulder steaks
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup barley
- 1 beef stock cube
- 60 g zucchini, finely chopped
- 40 g onion, finely chopped
- 40 g carrot, finely chopped
- 40 g celery root, finely chopped
- 40 g kohlrabi, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 50 g bacon, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk together dijon mustard, honey, smoked paprika, garlic powder, vegetable oil, salt and pepper. Season the pork shoulder steaks with the marinade and set aside.
- Cook barley in a medium pot covered in water. When water starts to boil add beef stock cube and cook barley for about 20 min until soft.
- Heat a medium grill pan, add chopped bacon and grill for a few minutes until crispy. Add chopped onion, carrot, celery root, kohlrabi, zucchini and garlic. Cook for a few minutes before adding cooked barley. Toss the vegetables and barley a few times until combined.
- Heat a second grill pan, sprinkle a bit of vegetable oil over and place steaks on the grill. Grill them for a few minutes on each side. Enjoy steaks with vegetable barley!