For the last few days I haven’t posted any new recipes, have to admit I spent my time looking for a new job, hanging out with friends and working on some other projects. Honestly I really missed out on writing new posts, editing my recipes and sharing them with all of you wonderful people out there who find time to stop by and check out what’s cooking in my kitchen..
But now I’m back and I have a lot of new recipes waiting to be posted!
Saturday isn’t just a day for rest & relaxation, hanging out with friends, but also a day to prepare something new for dinner, something delicious, that will leave the person or people you’re cooking for, asking for more. And I think I just got the recipe you’ve been looking for – Bacon wrapped and Mozzarella stuffed pork tenderloin. Every time I make it, I try to make just a bit more so there are some leftovers I can enjoy after dinner, because it’s so tasty and I think you’ll enjoy it too!
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 25 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 pork tenderloin steaks, pounded flat
- 10 slices bacon, sliced thin
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked red paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 potatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- Vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Check if the pork tenderloin is pounded flat. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked red paprika and thyme.
- Take out a piece of plastic foil, place 2 thin slices of bacon, on top of them seasoned flattened pork tenderloin and a slice of Mozzarella cheese on top. Roll the pork, sprinkle some vegetable oil over it and set aside to marinade.
- Cook potatoes with skin in a medium pot, in slightly salted boiling water. When cooked all the way through, drain water, sliced the potatoes and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large pan, add diced onion and chopped cloves of garlic. Let them simmer for a few minutes, when soft add sliced potatoes. Cook the potatoes on each side until golden and crispy. Stir in sour cream, yogurt and finish the potatoes with a few stirs.
- Heat a sprinkle of oil on a large grill pan. Grill the bacon wrapped and Mozzarella filled pork tenderloin on each side until crispy and cooked all the way through.