It’s another sunny and relaxing Sunday here in Zagreb, Croatia and you can just feel the summer that’s just around the corner. And while dreaming of the seaside, planning the perfect time to go on vacation, I decided to share this yummy recipe. I’m absolutely certain you’ll love it since it has just the right combination of ingredients for a delicious summer dinner.
4 interesting facts about Broccoli:
- Broccoli originated in Italy where it has been eaten since the 6th Century BC
- 1 cup of broccoli has the same amount of Vitamin C as an orange
- Broccoli is very high in Vitamin A which is good for your eyes and also helps fighting cancer within cells
- Thomas Jefferson was the first president to import broccoli from Italy to the USA
5 interesting facts about green peas:
- It’s believed that green peas originated in Middle Asia
- The oldest pea was found in Thailand and it was 3000 years old
- Gregor Johann Mendell used peas in genetic research
- The sweet tasting green peas were first grown in the 18th century
- The first television commercial broadcast in colour was for frozen peas
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Follow me on Instagram – chefkreso
Follow me on Twitter – chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Servings: 4 – 6
- 350 g tagliatelle pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Olive oil
- 300 g broccoli, sliced
- 250 g green peas
- 500 g chicken fillet
- 50 ml white wine
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Slice the chicken fillet and season with curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat slightly salted water in a large pot to a boil. Place green peas and broccoli in and cook until al dente. Drain water and set aside.
- Cook tagliatelle pasta in a medium pot filled with boiling water. When done, drain water and set aside.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large skillet. Toss in diced onion and pressed garlic. Let it simmer for a few minutes occasionally stirring. Add sliced chicken, another splash of olive oil and let it cook.
- When the chicken is cooked all the way through, stir in cooked broccoli and green peas. Season with nutmeg, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir a few times before adding white wine. Let it cook until the white wine evaporates before adding heavy cream.
- When heavy cream starts to boil remove from heat and stir in cooked tagliatelle. Enjoy with a big bowl of fresh lettuce salad.