2 years ago today I started my blog. Well, actually I just got registered and started writing posts and recipes almost half a year later, but this is the official date. Since then I’ve posted around 200 recipes, I’ve got around 1200 amazing bloggers following my blog and most importantly I still enjoy writting every single post. To celebrate the fact, I decided to post a recipe or an occasion that’s most relatable to any celebration here in Croatia – Barbecue!
When my family gets together it’s always an opportunity to start the grill and cook some food, that’s just how we are, we love food and spending time together. It’s always a different combination of meat or veggies prepared. When we do it at my brother’s house it’s always about the spicy crispy roasted potatoes they make as a side dish and when my dad does it, it’s all about the perfect slice of meat.
Even on those winter days like the ones we’re having this time of year, we still do the barbecue the first chance we get, usually when a sunny day comes up out of nowhere and the temperature rises for a few degrees. Writing about family gatherings and barbecues makes me think of a fact that my brother is leaving Croatia in less than a month for work and that those occasions won’t be as fun without him, but that’s life and the first time he comes back we’ll be waiting with food and drinks. 😀
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Follow me on Instagram – chefkreso
Follow me on Twitter – chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 30 min
Cook time: 30 – 40 min
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 500 g zucchini, sliced
- 500 g mushrooms
- 200 g cheese, sliced in cubes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 kg combination of minced lamb and beef
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp smoked red paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place the combination of minced lamb and beef in a large bowl. Add finely chopped onion, crushed garlic, smoked red paprika, salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients until combined. Using your hands form čevapi.
- Season chicken wings with curry powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and place cheese cubes in mushroom caps.
- Start the outside grill and grill čevapi, chicken wings and sliced zucchini, while grilling the mushrooms caps over aluminum foil. Be sure that the meat is grilled all the way through. Enjoy the barbecue with fresh seasonal salads and in the company of your friends or family!