For the last few weeks, while staying at the seaside I didn’t make any cakes. Usually when on vacation I don’t bake cakes since I’m mostly out of the house, or there aren’t as many people to share them with. So I’ve been imagining cakes, getting new ideas, thinking about new recipes and can’t wait to get back to Zagreb and my kitchen where I have all the tools needed and all of my friends to devour any cake I make.
Let me tell you a few things about the island of Vir where I’m spending my vacation. As you can see in the photos it is a beautiful island with lovely beaches, incredible nature and breathtaking views. It’s a simple place, perfect for a family, a place where you can really relax from the busy city, not think about your job or obligations. There are a few cafes, beach bars, stores and mostly vacation homes, and having a bike makes it easy to get anywhere. And that’s what I’ve been doing, relaxing and riding a bike all around the island discovering new beaches and hidden gems.
Having no access to the Internet made me really think about new recipes and the old ones as well. The one that stood out was the Oreo cheesecake recipe that made my mouth water just thinking about it. It came to my mind while talking to my 3yo nephew yesterday, who is one of my biggest fans, cake wise. I made Oreo cheesecake for his 3rd birthday more than 6 months ago. It was actually an Oreo – Milka chocolate cheesecake, and the combo of two is more than incredible.
So if you are an Oreo cookie fan or a Milka chocolate lover, or you adore both – you should try this cake as soon as possible. Fluffy, sweet, delicious, soft and just the dessert that will bring a smile to your face. It’s a cake that you will fall in love with at the first sight and never stop wanting more. Grab a cake tray, turn on the oven and start baking!
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 25 min
Cook time: 30 min
- Bread crumbs
Chocolate cake layer:
- 2 eggs
- 50 g sugar
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- 70 g cocoa
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 100 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 270 g fresh cream cheese
- 50 g sugar
- 70 g sour cream
- 70 ml yoghurt
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 200 g Oreo cookies
- 80 g chocolate
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 80 g Milka Oreo chocolate, sliced
- Butter up a round cake tray, sprinkle bread crumbs over the butter so the cake doesn’t stick to the tray while baking. Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix the 2 eggs in a second large bowl, add sugar, then gradually add oil and milk. Finish the dough by mixing in the flour mixture.
- Place the dough mixture in a buttered up cake tray and bake in a preheated oven for 15 min.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, yoghurt, sugar, vanilla extract, egg yolks, and finally all-purpose flour. In a small bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. Manually stir them in the cream cheese mixture.
- After baking the chocolate cake layer for 15 min, pour half of the mixture on it, place Oreo cookies on top of it and cover them with the rest of the cream mixture. Bake the cake for another 10 to 15 min at 200° C.
- After the cake cools down finish it with sliced Milka Oreo chocolate.