Hey guys! So I know I’m not the only one thinking of food so many times during the day. I find myself going through recipes in my head while on my way to work or class driving in a tram. It’s been less than a month that I’ve been working at my new student job and I have to say the job is amazing. Not only that I find myself thinking of recipes in the tram, it’s also during my studying or while running around doing errands for my job.
For a delicious dinner or lunch it doesn’t take much, with a great combination of meat and vegetables you can get an amazing dish in just a few steps. This recipe is not hard at all, you prepare the meat, make your own croquettes and grill zucchini with extra virgin olive oil, preferably from Istria, or any other part of Croatia – we really have very tasty olive oil prepared all over the coast of Croatia.
Have a great day, filled with delicious food & enjoy yourself – you deserve it!
Preparation: 30 min Cook time: 40 min Servings: 4
- 4 pork steaks
- 2 dl beer
- 2 tsp red paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 500 g zucchini, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- olive oil to season
- 2 potatoes, peeled and sliced in cubes
- 250 g all – purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large cooking pot bring slightly salted water to a boil. Place sliced potatoes in the boiling water and cook until soft. Drain the water and mashed potatoes. Combine mashed potatoes, flour and an egg and form a firm dough. Using your hands form “snakes” from the dough and cut 3 – 4 cm slices.
- Season the pork steaks with salt, pepper and red paprika. Let it marinade in beer for 30 min to 1 h.
- In a large frying pan fry the pieces of dough until golden brown and crispy.
- Heat a large grill pan or a grill and grill pork steaks until well done. Next to the steaks grill sliced zucchini until golden and season with salt, olive oil and pressed garlic.
- Serve warm, with bbq sauce.