When I think of a weekend dinner we used to have as a family at my grandmother’s house, this is it. My mother used to take me and my younger brother there each weekend our whole childhood. I remember playing chess with my grandfather, him teasing me I should start my dinner with Rakija – it’s a type of strong homemade fruit brandy we have here in Croatia and other Balkan countries, my grandmother cooking the dinner and baking cakes. I was very close with my grandparents, so comfort foods like roasted beef or pork and potatoes always remind me of them. Hope everyone enjoys the recipe! 🙂
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Follow me on Instagram – chefkreso
Follow me on Twitter – chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 20 min
Cook time: 1 h 40 min
- 500 g beef, sliced
- 2 tsp red paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 dl dark beer
- Splash of vegetable oil
- 500 g potatoes, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- ½ nutmeg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Season beef with a mix of red paprika, garlic powder, mustard, salt, pepper, a splash of vegetable oil and dark beer. Set aside to marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 200ᵒ Place the marinated beef in a large baking tray and cover with aluminium foil. Roast in a preheated oven for about 20 min.
- Take the beef out of the oven and place sliced potatoes, red bell pepper, onion and season with fresh parsley and nutmeg. Cover with aluminium foil again and cook in the preheated oven.
- After 50 min of roasting, remove aluminium foil and roast for another 30 min until the potatoes are crispy and the flavours combined. Enjoy with some fresh salad and a bottle of beer.