The best hangover cure for me is my mum’s Vegetable noodle soup. Just last week I went out on a Saturday night with some friends and after partying I couldn’t wait to enjoy some hot vegetable noodle soup my mum made for lunch the next day. There’s just something about having a spoonful of soup after drinking the day before that I can’t describe.
Not only a hangover cure, this soup is a family favourite, especially when my niece and nephew come over. It’s simple, it’s delicious, and you can use any combination of vegetables you want, even though we usually stick to the root vegetables when cooking soup. Enjoy and share your thoughts! 🙂
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Follow me on Instagram – chefkreso
Follow me on Twitter – chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 15 min
Cook time: 1 h
Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 onion
- 50 g parsnip, diced
- 50 g parsley root, diced
- batch of fresh parsley, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 pepper, diced
- 100 g noodles
- 2 tsp of dry vegetable seasoning mix
- Sprinkle of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Take a large pot and sprinkle some olive oil in it. Toss in whole slice of onion and garlic grill it for a few stirs of medium heat.
- Add in diced parsnip, parsley root, sliced carrots and pepper. Grill for a minute or two and then pour in just enough water to cover most of the pot.
- Stir in sliced fresh parsley, dry vegetable seasoning mix, salt and pepper. Cover with a lid, but not the whole way, and let the soup cook. Check it every now and then.
- Cook for another 50 min. When the soup is almost ready take out the slice of onion and garlic, toss in noodles and cook until they’re cooked, for 5 to 10 min.
- Serve warm and enjoy!