Spring is here and I’ve got the perfect recipe to enjoy the sunny weather and the bright colours revealing themselves all around us with every passing day. The best part of my week so far is the free weekend I got, off from work, so I could spend some time in the sun. Maksimir – the most beautiful park in Zagreb, is just 5 min from where I live and this weekend it was packed, both with tourists and people free from work, who like me, went there to spend some time with their family and friends.
The most import part of the picnic is food. It’s all about each and every person bringing something delicious and having fun with a couple of cold beers. Pie is always a great option if you want to make a quick dessert which everyone can enjoy and there are so many variations. Peaches and yogurt, a delicious combo that was a no-brainer for me since I love peach flavoured yogurt. First time I made the pie I played with the ingredients until I got the perfect one and I’m sharing the recipe with all of my wonderful readers today!
Prepare the oven, mix the ingredients and have a slice or two. 😀
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Follow me on Instagram – chefkreso
Follow me on Twitter – chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 1 h
Cook time: 30 min
Servings: 8 – 12
- 450 g all-purpose flour
- 250 g butter
- 10 tbsp powdered brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp powdered brown sugar
- Sift flour, powdered brown sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl and stir a few times. Add sliced butter at room temperature, 2 egg yolks, sour cream and lemon zest. Mix the ingredients until combined and a dough forms. Wrap the dough in plastic foil and place it in the fridge to rest for at least 30 min to 1 h.
- Place sliced peaches in a medium bowl. Add powdered brown sugar, yogurt, heavy cream and vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients until combined. In a second bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Manually stir them in with the peaches and yogurt.
- Butter a large baking tray. Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out. Set it in the buttered up baking tray and top it with sliced up peaches & yogurt mixture. Bake the pie in a preheated oven for 30 min. Enjoy the pie with friends and family! 🙂