Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter surrounded by their loved ones. This was the first time I worked on Easter, and had a free Easter Monday when all of my family came over. We made tons of food, so many different dishes and desserts, and had the best time. Mostly I had to play with my niece and nephew because it’s like they go crazy every time they come over, but it was fun. If I could’ve, I wouldn’t have changed anything. 🙂
So today I’m posting a recipe that isn’t a traditional Croatian one and in my family it would never end up as part of an Easter dinner. But last year when I went to the seaside for Easter with friends, it actually did. We went for a week to the Croatian seaside to party and ended up having Vegetable chicken curry for Easter dinner. Don’t get me wrong, it’s one of my favourite dishes, I just love the mix of vegetable flavours and spies, and the possibility of making this dish in so many ways. As mentioned this is one of my favourite recipes and I hope you’ll check it out and give it a try! 😀
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Follow me on Instagram – chefkreso
Follow me on Twitter – chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 30 min
Cook time: 1 h
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- batch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 400 g chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 dl tomato sauce
- 1 dl cooking cream
- 1/2 yogurt
- 2 thumbs fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 cup rice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cabbage, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Aceto balsamico rosso
- Vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to season
- Season sliced chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, curry powder, cayenne pepper, lime juice, yogurt and fresh ginger.
- Place sliced onion, tomatoes, red bell pepper, carrot, garlic and fresh parsley in a large pot. Sprinkle some vegetable oil on top and let the vegetables simmer over low heat until soft. Mash the vegetables as much as possible and add marinated sliced chicken.
- Stir the ingredients and let them combine while cooking in a pot covered with a lid. After cooking for at least 20 min over low to medium heat, stir in tomato sauce and cooking cream. Stir a few times and let it cook for another 20 min so the sauce reduces.
- Cook rice in a medium pot covered with vegetable broth until soft.
- Place sliced cabbage and red bell pepper in a large bowl. Season with salt, pepper, vegetable oil and aceto balsamico rosso. Enjoy Vegetable chicken curry covered rice with a large bowl of fresh cabbage & bell pepper salad.