It’s funny how I always think of summer when the weather is bad outside or the temperatures are so low that they’re keeping me from going outside. As it turns out, Zagreb is covered in snow at the moment and temperatures are below 0. The only time I left my apartment this week was when I went to work and for beer with friends. I absolutely don’t like freezing outside while waiting for a tram or putting on 100 layers of clothes just to go to the store. Don’t get me wrong, I like winter, snow and the whole magical Crhistmasy feel, but I love summer more!
Summer, only 3 and a half months aways, and it seems like it’s never going to come. Last summer was one of the best so the expectations are high this year. I don’t like having expectations because they never turn out as hoped, but they usually come on their own and you can’t do much about them. If this summer is going to be as half as good as the last, it’s going to be pretty amazing. I’m already making plans with friends and setting up my travel itinerary. 😀
Why not bring some of that summer feeling in to your home and prepare a stir-fry? Stir-fry is the perfect summer recipe, doesn’t ask for much cooking experience, you just need the right combination of ingredients and a big wok, or in my case a pan, just because we didn’t have a wok at the seaside. Give it a go, have fun preparing it and enjoy the amazing combination of flavours!
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Follow me on Instagram – chefkreso
Follow me on Twitter – chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 100 g rice noodles
- 400 g beef, sliced
- 300 g zucchini, sliced
- 300 g carrot, sliced
- 200 g onion, sliced
- 300 g red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml sesame oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp smoked red paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lettuce salad
- Marinade sliced beef in 25 ml of soy sauce, 25 ml of sesame oil, with the addition of smoked red paprika, chili pepper and oyster sauce.
- Bring slightly salted water to a boil in a medium pot. Cook noodles for a few minutes until al dente, drain water.
- Heat a large wok. Toss in sliced marinated beef and grill until cooked all the way through. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Heat 25 ml of sesame oil in the same wok and toss in the sliced carrot, cook for a few minutes. Stir in sliced onion, zucchini, red bell pepper, garlic and cook for a few more minutes, tossing the vegetables every now and then. Season with the rest of the soy sauce and stir in cooked beef and rice noodles until all the flavours are combined.
- Serve hot with a big bowl of fresh lettuce salad. Enjoy!