Zucchini patties are probably the easiest dish and recipe you can make. Last week my 8-year-old cousin was over at our family dinner and he prepared some himself. Not only are they easy to make, they are most delicious, especially when you add some Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese. The best way to serve them is with a sour cream and cucumber dip or with a tasty tomato and squash dip. Trust me, they’re tasty and a great lunch idea!
A few interesting facts about zucchini:
- Zucchini were first brought to the US in the 1920s
- April 25th is National Zucchini Bread Day
- Nutrients and vitamins in zucchini can help prevent cancer and heart disease
- A zucchini has more potassium than a banana
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Follow me on Instagram – chefkreso
Follow me on Twitter – chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Servings: 4 – 6
- 500 g zucchini, grated
- 35 g bread crumbs
- 30 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 10 g corn flour
- 20 g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place grated zucchini in a large bowl, slightly salt it. Stir in bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, 2 eggs, corn flour and grated Mozzarella cheese. Mix all of the ingredients until combined, if needed add more bread crumbs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a fryer. Using your hands or a spoon form zucchini patties and deep fry them over low heat, until crispy, golden and cooked all the way through. Enjoy with a sour cream dip!