This post is the 2nd part of the New Year’s post I’ve shared with you yesterday. What would a Grilled Adriatic bream be without an equally delicious side dish. This a simple, traditional side dish we always make when preparing grilled fish at the Croatian seaside, and the best part about it is that you can use any combination of steamed vegetables. This is absolutely the perfect recipe to start the New Year, both healthy and easy-to-make.
For the first time in years I’ve spent my New Year’s Eve at home with my parents and I have to admit I didn’t miss out on anything. Every year so far there were always these big plans for the perfect night out with friends and they would never match the expectations, so this year I decided not to go anywhere, not to mention I was all partied out from my recent trips. I started my New Year with tasty wine and champagne, as well as delicious food and an amazing cake, so far the perfect start to the possibly fantastic year ahead.
Enjoy this recipe, there are certainly more to come, can’t wait to share all the others I’ve got stacked up!
Happy New Year! 😀
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Follow me on Instagram – chefkreso
Follow me on Twitter – chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 150 g potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 80 g broad beans
- 100 g green beans
- 80 g broccoli, sliced
- Aceto balsamico
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Steam broad beans first until cooked and then peel them.
- Next steam sliced potatoes and broccoli for a few minutes until soft.
- Snap green beans before steam cooking them.
- Mix the steamed veggies and season with a splash of olive oil, aceto balsamico, salt and pepper, you can also season it with the dressing used for fish if there is any left (parsley, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and rosemary). Enjoy!