For the last day in the amazing 2017 I prepared an equally amazing recipe that showcases Croatian fresh products and simple delicious cuisine. 2017 was an incredible one for me:
- I went to Krakow, Poland on a road trip with six of my friends
- I visited the island of Vis and Hvar where I used to go as a kid each summer
- I spent a wonderful month during the summer at the island of Vir
- I got my Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics Engineering
- I went to the island of Krk, Croatia
- I got my driver’s licence
- I went to Bratislava, Slovakia on a party weekend with friends
- I visited and spent Christmas in Budapest, Hungary
- I got featured in a New Year’s post by Kouzounas Kitchen and this way I would love to thank Krystina for this amazing opportunity, for this fantastic end to an amazing 2017. You can all check out the post here, get to know me better – New Year’s post – and also check out the amazing job Krystina at the Kouzounas Kitchen is doing!
As mentioned an amazing recipe for an amazing New Year’s post. I got the fish from a family friend who lives at the seaside but travels a lot to Zagreb for work. Freshly caught that morning, I know they were going to be so delicious for dinner that day. For me the best way to prepare fish is to use minimal seasoning and grill it on an open grill. That’s just the way I prepared it, using Croatian salt and spices and extra virgin olive oil from Istria.
Fish and seafood dishes always reminds me of the beautiful Croatian seaside and how I love spending my time at the beach, enjoying the sun and swimming in the sea. I’m using this opportunity to recommend visiting Croatian seaside next summer, it’s only six months away, and all the major decisions should be made on the New Year’s Eve. I also wish you a year full of delicious food, new recipes, health & accomplishments, and of course chances to travel and visit new countries!
I’ll be here next year with a bunch of new recipes, stop by and check them out! I’m going to get a glass of champagne…
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 4 Adriatic breams
- 5 branches rosemary
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp parsley, freshly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Clean Adriatic breams by carefully removing entrails and scales. Make two parallel slices on each side of the fish so it can season better while grilling. Season each Adriatic bream with salt.
- In a small bowl mix together some olive oil, freshly chopped parsley, pressed garlic and lemon juice. Dip a rosemary branch into the olive oil dressing and using it spread some over each side of the fish. After spreading olive oil over, place the rosemary branch inside the bream.
- Start the grill, when it’s hot, grill each fish until crispy and cooked all the way through. Be sure that the grill is hot enough so the fish doesn’t stick to it.