I hope everyone had an amazing and warm Christmas with their family or people they love. I must admit I had one of the best ones yet. I spent my Christmas in Budapest, first time away from home, and even though I missed some of the traditional dishes I’d usually have prepared at home, I had the chance to experience Christmas in Budapest as a local. This was the last trip I went on this year, a week earlier I was in Bratislava and had an amazing time as well, which I’ll be writing about in one of my next posts. Just a few days away from the New Year, I’m already thinking which destination I’m going to visit next!
As I returned from Budapest I realized it’s time to get back to my blog, and it’s time for one of my recipes. While in Budapest I didn’t have all of the spices I usually have at home, so I had to stick to the basics, this is just one of the recipes that showcases the basics I’m talking about and shows how with a few ingredients and in no time you can have a delicious dinner. Hope you enjoy and stop by tomorrow when I’ll be sharing new recipes and travel experiences!
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 500 g bratwurst sausages
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 300 g orecchiette or similar pasta
- 200 g cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp shallot
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring slightly salted water in a medium pot to a boil. Add orecchiette pasta to the pot and cook until al dente.
- In a large pan heat a few tablespoons of olive oil, add finely chopped onion and let it simmer until soft. Then add finely chopped cabbage and let it also simmer until soft, before stirring in orecchiette pasta and shallot. Lower the heat and cook for 5 to 10 min until all the ingredients combine.
- Heat a large grill and brush some vegetable oil over it. Grill sausages until golden and cooked all the way through. In a small bowl mix together mustard, honey and garlic powder. When the bratwurst sausages are almost done, spread some mustard and honey dressing over them. Enjoy bratwurst sausages with cabbage pasta!