This weekend I had no time to post a recipe, even though I have several that I want to share. I spent my weekend getting rid of a Friday hangover, with baking cakes, preparing a big family dinner for my nephew and helping out around the house. After the exhausting weekend I had, I was actually glad that today is a regular boring Monday. On Mondays like these, you either think when is it time to go home off from work or you spend time thinking of what to prepare for dinner, and you’re usually out of ideas after a weekend preparing Sunday dinners for the family. Well I have an idea!
Preparing homemade chicken nuggets from chicken breasts, for me is more delicious than eating those store-bought or from a fast food restaurant, and I actually hate those fast food ones.. I don’t know, something just doesn’t work for me, either the processed chicken or the flavour. Well when it comes to fast food, I always stick to the homemade food. Homemade spicy chicken nuggets and mashed potatoes, are like the easiest thing you can prepare, and you can always choose to play with the flavours just to change it up a bit. Here’s my version, hope you like it and give it a try!
Stay tuned because tomorrow I have a delicious new recipe for you!
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 35 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 300 g chicken breast, sliced in chunks
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp red paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- All-purpose flour
- Bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 200 potatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- Coleslaw salad
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Season sliced chicken chunks with salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce, red paprika and garlic powder.
- Place flour in one bowl, whisk eggs and milk in the second, and place bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese in the third. Coat seasoned chicken chunks in flour, next in egg mixture and finally in bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Cook sliced potatoes in slightly salted boiling water until soft, drain water and set aside. Manually mash them with butter and sour cream.
- Heat vegetable oil, fry chicken chunks over medium to low heat until golden, crispy and cooked all the way through. Serve fried chicken with mashed potatoes and coleslaw salad. Enjoy!