For the last few months I’ve made Vegetarian recipes more often than usual, don’t know if it’s about meeting more people who are Vegetarian or is it just because the Vegetarian dishes are so delicious. I’ve grown up in a moderately traditional family where we couldn’t even imagine having dinner without meat. Seems like all the new ingredients we use in our cooking and the dishes we prepare nowadays are changes I’ve introduced, and that’s what’s important to me. Eating various dishes that include healthy ingredients is something I strive to do.
The recipe I’m sharing today with all of you lovely readers is a delicious one. It’s been so long since I’ve had broad beans, and I’m happy to have shared this recipe as the first one on my blog that uses broad beans. The addition of asparagus really brings the flavours together and makes this dish worth trying out. The best thing about it is that it really takes you only half an hour to cook, and you can enjoy it with a glass of white wine. Give it a try, I promise it’s a must-try!
Here are a few more of my Vegetarian recipes..
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 25 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 350 g tagliatelle pasta
- 200 g asparagus, sliced
- 150 g broad beans
- 50 g onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 egg
- 200 ml cooking cream
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp marjoram
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook tagliatelle pasta in slightly salted water in a medium cooking pot over medium heat until cooked al dente. Drain water and sprinkle some olive oil so it doesn’t stick. Set aside to cool down.
- Cook broad beans covered, over steam, until soft and cooked all the way through. Peel the broad beans and set them aside.
- Heat a sprinkle of olive oil in a large sauce pan. Add chopped onion and let it simmer until soft. Stir in pressed garlic and sliced asparagus. Let them simmer for a few minutes.
- Whisk 1 egg, cooking cream, thyme, parsley, marjoram, salt and ground pepper.
- Add cooked broad beans to the sauce pan. Stir a few times before adding cooked tagliatelle.
- Finish the dish by stirring in the egg & cooking cream mixture, removing from heat and stirring a few more times in the hot sauce pan. Enjoy!