What is better than pancakes? – Pancake muffins!
I love preparing cupcakes and muffins because they’re smaller versions of cakes and pies that I would usually make, and pretty easy to share with friends and family. At least once a week I prepare a different batch of cupcakes, and bring them with me to pubs where I meet with friends. If not in pubs, we as friends usually organize pancake parties where we meet, watch TV shows or movies, and eat pancakes. That’s when I got the idea to make pancake muffins with chocolate chips and blueberries, and Nutella was a no-brainer, so I covered them in Nutella.
If you love pancakes, and haven’t tried pancake muffins so far, you should start mixing the batter and turn on the oven!
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 25 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 dl milk
- 2 dl vanilla yogurt
- 2,5 dl mineral water
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp rum
- pinch of salt
- 4 egg whites
- 150 g Milka chocolate chips
- 150 g blueberries
- Nutella spread
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Butter up a large muffin tray.
- Beat egg yolks, brown sugar and a pinch of salt in a large bowl with a mixer.
- Add sifted all-purpose flour and baking powder to the egg yolk mixture. Gradually add in milk, vanilla yogurt, mineral water, vanilla extract and rum, while mixing the batter.
- In a second medium bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Manually stir them in the batter.
- When all the ingredients are combined, stir in Milka chocolate chips and blueberries.
- Pour the batter in a buttered up muffin tray. Bake them in a preheated oven for about 10 to 15 min until baked all the way through.
- Cover the Blueberry & Milka pancake muffins with Nutella. Enjoy!