Celiac disease is a serious autoimmune disorder that can occur in genetically predisposed people where the ingestion of gluten leads to damage in the small intestine. When it comes to gluten it is generally referred to proteins that can be found in wheat flour, so people who have Celiac disease can’t eat different pastry products, or even majority of cakes which always contain flour in a certain amount. If you ask me, I can’t even imagine not having the opportunity to enjoy a slice of cake every now and then.
Today we’ve come so far that you can find different advice on how to live gluten-free, also there are many gluten-free products and replacements that you can find at the market. There is also a gluten-free flour blend you can use when baking, since flour’s main purpose is to connect all of the ingredients, like glue that you would use in baking.
Lava cake is a family classic that makes this upcoming Christmas time even more festive and celebratory, a dessert made for the holiday time that is just around the corner. Give the recipe a try and tell me what you think!
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 25 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 100 g butter
- 80 g gluten-free flour blend
- 40 g sugar
- 90 g chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Melt chocolate and butter over steam.
- Mix together eggs, egg yolks and sugar before stirring them in with melted chocolate and butter.
- Manually stir in sifted gluten-free flour blend.
- Butter up round baking molds.
- Pour the mixture in baking molds.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Pour some water in a large baking tray, place baking molds in the water bath.
- Bake in a preheted oven for 10 to 15 min.