Usually this would be a perfect summer recipe, it has all of the fresh and colorful ingredients you can find at the local farmer’s market during summer, but I needed a dash of color for one of these gray autumn days. Today you can find some vegetables at the market all year round, no matter which season it is, so it was pretty easy to find all that I needed for this dish.
Pineapple.. I remember my grandma preparing her famous Pineapple cake for each of my birthdays. In the last few years, since she’s been gone, we never found her recipe for that amazing yet simple Pineapple cake. I tried to make it a couple of times but it always lacked some of here secret ingredients. That’s what pineapple always reminds me of, but I never thought of using it in a salty dish until I tried a stir-fry with pineapple in an Asian restaurant in Lisbon. Since then I made my own combination of ingredients for a perfect Chicken & pineapple stir-fry.
Here’s the recipe and hope you’ll like the flavours!
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 25 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 400 g chicken breast, sliced
- 50 g carrot, julienne sliced
- 150 g pineapple, diced
- 60 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g onion, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 70 g snow peas, ends trimmed
- 50 g bamboo shoots, julienne sliced
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Season sliced chicken breast with salt, pepper, soy sauce, peanut oil, oyster sauce, garlic powder and lime juice. Set aside to marinade.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of peanut oil in a large wok over high heat. Stir in sliced carrots, onion, bamboo shoots and snow peas. Toss the vegetables a few times, let them simmer, add sliced shiitake mushrooms, pineapple, fresh ginger and marinated chicken. Mix the vegetables by tossing the ingredients. Finish the dish when the chicken is cooked all the way through and cooked but crisp veggies.
- Serve Chicken, pineapple & vegetable stir-fry with cooked rice.