How did I ever come up with this recipe? – Have to admit, I really did think up this recipe one day after having coffee with friends and they asking me to prepare something new for a special Birthday party. I had to think up of something accessible to a large crowd of people, but it still had to be something delicious and representable. These Mini pies where the perfect fit, they were easy to make, they had a personal touch of creativity and by the looks of it they are showstoppers. Turned out that the guests at the Birthday party really enjoyed every aspect of them and I got asked to prepare more asap!
So far I got the same response for a couple of my dessert recipes, like honest excitement and joy, so here are some you can also check out if you’re out to impress:
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 25 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 350 g all-purpose flour
- 175 g butter
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 350 g raspberries
- 70 g sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp rum
- 3 tbsp gelatine
- 200 g Mascarpone cheese
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sweet cocoa
- Baking beans
- Place butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Using a fork or manually stir in the two until combined. Add flour, baking powder and manually mix in the ingredients until you get a crumbly mixture. Finally add egg yolks, sour cream, vanilla extract and orange zest to the mixture and manually combine the ingredients until you get a firm dough.
- Place the dough in plastic foil and put it in the fridge for at least 30 min to cool.
- Butter up a muffin tray and preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Take out the dough from the fridge and roll it out on a lightly floured surface. Using a round mold or a glass cut out the dough and place it in a buttered up muffin tray. Using baking beans top the dough so they hold it down in the muffin tray.
- Bake the dough in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 min until golden and crispy. Remove baking beans.
- Heat raspberries in a medium sauce pan. Add sugar, lime juice and rum. Melt gelatine in 2 tbsp of water and let it rest until it doubles in size. When raspberries are cooked, add melted gelatine and stir until it melts again. Remove from heat.
- Pour the raspberry mixture into the crust and set in fridge to cool down.
- Whip the heavy cream in a medium bowl gradually adding powdered sugar until you get whipped cream. Manually stir in Mascarpone cheese and cinnamon. Top the pies when they cool down with Mascarpone cream and sprinkle sweet cocoa on top. Enjoy!