Since I made this dish for my family, probably months ago, I just couldn’t wait to post the recipe. Asparagus is a vegetable so rich in flavour and couldn’t think of a recipe where I don’t like it. It was probably faith, but the day I cooked this dish, a friend of mine brought me some fresh horseradish. Usually I’m not a big fan of horseradish, but this one was a perfect addition to the dish I was preparing. Turns out you can match horseradish and asparagus with some Parmesan cheese and get a delicious dinner in no time!
So far I’ve shared a good number of pasta recipes, but this one is still one of my favourite, since it asks for just a few ingredients, takes practically no time to make and it is so rich in flavour! Some of my previous pasta recipes are next:
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 25 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 350 g tagliatelle pasta
- 250 g asparagus, sliced
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp horseradish, grated
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a big pot of slightly salted water with a splash of olive oil to a boil. Add tagliatelle pasta, stir, and cook for a few minutes until al dente. Drain water and sprinkle some olive oil on top.
- In a large pan, heat a splash of olive oil, add sliced asparagus and depending on the thickness let it simmer for a few minutes. While you let the asparagus simmer, place heavy cream, 2 eggs, garlic powder, thyme, horseradish, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk together the ingredients until combined.
- Add cooked pasta to asparagus and stir a few times. Lower the heat, and pour the heavy cream mixture over the asparagus and pasta. Mix the ingredients for a minute until combined, don’t let the eggs coagulate. Remove from heat. Grate Parmesan cheese over pasta and serve with a bowl of fresh lettuce. Enjoy!