Yesterday I had my first Secret dinner party, and two of my specially picked out guests came over. I was cooking all day and preparing dishes one after the other, in the end I had no time to post a recipe. In one of my next posts I’ll be sharing all about the Secret dinner party, the menu and the story behind it, so stay tuned!
This recipe would usually be a perfect light Friday lunch or dinner idea. Fish is always a great choice on a Friday, a perfect start to an upcoming weekend. I posted a number of seafood recipes so far, so just to give you a chance to check them out again, here are a few:
Keep reading, check out the recipe for this delicious, light and non-time consuming recipe below and give it a try!
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 500 g sardines, fresh
- 100 g corn flour
- 150 red bell pepper, sliced
- 100 g corn
- 200 g red kidney beans, 1 can
- 80 g onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp pumpkin oil
- 2 tbsp aceto balsamico
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Clean sardines by gently scraping the skin toward the head to remove the scales, rinse under cool water. Dry off cleaned sardines with a paper towel. Cover them in corn flour.
- Heat vegetable oil and fry sardines for a few minutes, until crispy.
- Mix sliced red bell pepper, corn, kidney beans, sliced onion and season with salt, pepper, pumpkin oil, aceto balsamico and lime juice. Enjoy crispy sardines with a fresh seasonal salad!