There are many ways to prepare stuffed mushrooms, from using different ingredients for the filling, to preparing them in a vegetable based sauce. I’ve prepared them through the years many times and I try to use different filling every time I do, so this is one of my favourite versions you can try out. It’s a fairly simple one, using beef mince, bell pepper and bacon with lovely seasoning, and what wouldn’t be delicious with a bit of bacon, for all of you who aren’t vegan or vegetarian of course!
I’ve already posted a number of recipes using mushrooms, that are both a great idea for lunch, as well as for dinner. You can check them out and pick which one you like best?
Hope everyone had a nice weekend and the next one is just around the corner, so grab an apron and let’s cook some food!
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 25 min
Cook time: 35 min
- 800 g large mushrooms
- 250 g beef mince
- 50 g onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 30 g bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp smoked red paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground chili pepper
- 150 g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 400 g potatoes sliced
- Vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and slice them as chips. Heat oil over high heat, fry chips until crispy and golden.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop them. Heat a sprinkle of oil in a large sauce pan. Add chopped mushrooms stems, onions and bell pepper and let them simmer for a few minutes until soft. Stir in chopped bacon and garlic and cook for a few minutes before adding beef mince to the pan. Season with parsley, smoked red paprika, thyme, chili pepper, salt and ground pepper and stir so the ingredients combine. Cook until the meat is cooked, but be careful that it doesn’t end up dry since you will bake it once again as stuffed mushrooms in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 200° C. Sprinkle just a bit of vegetable oil over a large baking tray.
- Fill the mushrooms with the minced meat mixture and top them off with grated Mozzarella cheese. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven until the mushrooms are cooked all the way through and the cheese melts, for about 20 min.
- Enjoy stuffed mushrooms with crispy chips!