When someone asks me to make them the easiest dessert there is, this recipe probably always comes to mind. Except the process and the whole preparation of the puff pastry, there si actually nothing complicated about making this simple, yet delicious and scrumptious treat that you can enjoy with friends on the porch or back yard.
I’ve made these a couple of times, actually every time I got myself into a creative block and couldn’t think of any new recipes, just had a hard time thinking about what to try out next and my friends were coming over. So I’d just pull out my earlier prepared puff pastry, roll it out and fill it with raspberry jam.
So this recipe is made for busy people who are always in a hurry, running from one place to another. All you need is puff pastry, you can always use the store-bought, but what’s the fun in that and some homemade raspberry jam, just because homemade is always better! Relax and enjoy!
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 45 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 250 g strong flour
- 250 g cold butter
- pinch of salt
- 150 ml water
- 200 g raspberries
- 70 g brown sugar
- 30 ml Brandy
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the flour and a pinch of salt in the food processor. Gradually pour in water until all the ingredients come together. Cover the dough in plastic foil and let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 min.
- Lightly flour the surface and roll the dough. Place the butter in between two parchment papers and roll it out in a square shape but it has to be large as an envelope, so the surface of the rolled out dough is larger. Do it quickly so it doesn’t melt.
- Put the butter on the center of the rolled out dough. Fold the dough over the butter and roll it with your rolling-pin in a rectangle shape. Fold the left 1/3 of the dough over the center and cover it with the right 1/3 of the dough, and roll it again. Repeat the process for a few times, cover the dough and place it in the fridge for at least 20 min.
- Repeat the rolling process for a few more times, and in between you place it in the fridge again for at least 20 min to chill.
- Heat raspberries in a medium sauce pan, add brandy, sugar and lime juice and cook until alcohol evaporates as the juice reduces so you get a thick raspberry sauce like a jam.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C. Place a parchment paper over a large baking tray. Whisk 1 egg in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of sugar until ingredients combine.
- Roll out the dough over slightly floured surface and cut it out in squares. Place the raspberry jam in the center and fold it over. Put the Raspberry puffs on the baking tray and spread whisked egg over them. Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 to 20 min until crispy and golden.