I always wanted a boat. Each summer I would go to the seaside for more than a month, and there I would usually have friends with boats. From old wooden boats their grandparents owned to 60ft yachts some of them rented for the time they were in Croatia. I always had fun, either travelling by boat, or going on one day trips with friends.
If I’m honest I never dreamed of having a yacht as many of my friends did, I always wanted a small boat I can go on one day trips around the island or go fishing, nothing fancy. Maybe it’s because I always had more fun when 10 of us went on a boat the size of one of these in the photos, and we would barely fit on it. We would go to some beautiful beach you can only reach with a boat, jump from it, swim, sunbathe, hang out.
For the week I spent on the island of Vis, the only boat I’ve been on was the ferry that took me to the island and back. I used my photo to capture all of these amazing photos, and going through them I get inspiration, but not just inspiration, actually an urge to share them with you. They just remind me of a great time I had and today people don’t usually go through photos they took, they maybe scroll over them a few times but not actually look at them, so I feel like this is my blank canvas where I can pin these photos and memories associated with them and I can always return to take a look at them.
And nothing’s better than enjoying grilled food with friends and family in the summer. So my next recipe is just one that will make you want to start the outdoor grill. Here you have a delicious pork steaks marinated in dark beer with tasty bell peppers and homemade croquettes with the recipe how to make them – and don’t be scared it’s pretty easy to make them! Enjoy!
Follow me on Facebook – Recipes by chefkreso
Preparation: 25 min
Cook time: 30 min
Steak & peppers:
- 4 pork neck steaks
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp red paprika
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 dl dark beer
- vegetable oil
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp aceto balsamico
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 potatoes, peeled and sliced in cubes
- 250 g all – purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large cooking pot bring slightly salted water to a boil. Place sliced potatoes in the boiling water and cook until soft. Drain the water and mash potatoes. Combine mashed potatoes, flour and 1 egg and form a firm dough. Using your hands form “snakes” from the dough and cut 3 – 4 cm slices.
- Season the steaks with garlic powder, red paprika, salt & pepper and spread mustard over one side of the steak. Place them in a bowl and cover with vegetable oil and dark beer. Let them marinade in the fridge for about 30 min. Wash and slice bell peppers.
- In a large frying pan fry the pieces of dough until golden brown and crispy.
- Start the outdoor grill and grill your steaks on each side until well done and next to them grill sliced bell peppers on each side. Season the bell peppers with a pinch of salt, pressed garlic, olive oil and aceto balsamico. Enjoy!