It’s been about a week now since I started my new Facebook page Recipes by chefkreso. It’s a place where I share all of my new recipes the second I post them here, and where my Instagram posts are also being redirected. I would love it if you’d grab a second and check it out!
Getting back to my new recipe – Beef sauce & rice. Beef sauce is first in the name on purpose, since it’s the focus of this recipe, everything about it makes it the perfect lunch idea you can combine with rice or pasta depending on which you like more. In this case rice works better for me, because it pairs with the flavour of red wine reduction in the sauce and the seasoning so well.
This is not my first beef recipe. On my blog among other recipes you can find a few recipes with beef and I have to say I love preparing it. Everyone in my family loves it, and it’s the same among my friends. Some of the recipes I always think of at the mention of it, and are posted on my blog – Ground beef, tomato, potato & bell pepper casserole, Beef tomato pasta, Beef stew and Broccoli, zucchini & cauliflower casserole with beef mince.
I’m also happy to share that I got a new photo which I’ll be using for my new recipes and getting some of the amazing photos of the places I visit and Zagreb where I live.
Thanks for visiting and hope you’ll come again because there will be so many new recipes!
Enjoy & happy cooking!
Preparation: 25 min
Cook time: 45 min
- 500 g beef, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 batch fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp red paprika
- 2 tsp vegetable seasoning
- 150 ml red wine
- 200 ml water
- 1 tsp chili pepper, ground
- salt & pepper to taste
- Slice the beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan and add finely chopped onion and garlic. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Add sliced beef and cook on each side for a few minutes.
- Mix together chopped parsley, flour, red paprika, chili pepper and vegetable seasoning in a small bowl. Add the seasoning to the beef and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour the red wine and water over the seasoned beef. Reduce the heat and let it cook for a few minutes. The longer you cook it, the thicker and richer sauce you will get.
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker or over steam until soft. Serve a portion of rice with delicious rich beef sauce and enjoy!