The cold days are behind us, at least they should be since it is middle of spring but for a few days now it’s been colder than some days in March. At one moment you can’t see a cloud in sight and the sun is up, and then in the next everything changes and the rain cleans the streets while a cold wind chases away the few who wanted to enjoy a day in the park.
Every time it is cold I get that craving for comfort food, something to warm me up and at the same time cheer me up. My family has a lot of stew recipes and the one that is great in spring is Chicken vegetable stew, since spring is the best time to find all kinds of vegetables at your local market.
Easy to make, this hearty stew will warm you up any day of the year. Try it out and share what you think. Thanks for reading and come again for more tasty recipes! 🙂
Preparation: 25 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1,5 kg chicken wings
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 leaf laurel
- 300 g potatoes, sliced into cubes
- 200 g carrot, sliced into cubes
- 100 g parsnip, sliced into cubes
- 200 g green peas
- 100 g tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Vegeta or vegetable seasoning
- vegetable oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a few tbsp of vegetable oil in a large cooking pot. Add chicken wings and let them simmer on each side. After 10 min remove chicken from the pot and add chopped onion and pressed garlic and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add sliced potatoes, carrots, parsnip and green peas to the pot and let them simmer. Add tomato sauce, laurel leaf, Vegeta, salt and pepper and let it cook for a few minutes before adding chicken and chicken stock. Cook the stew for the next 45 min. Serve warm.