When making seafood dishes, especially fish, simplicity is key. I grew up eating grilled fish with just a few drops of extra virgin olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice so fish prepared this way is the best for me. Grilling fish on a simple grill, brushing it with rosemary covered in olive oil, not complicating with spices and marinades. Just thinking about it takes me to the island of Hvar where I spent most of my summers. Catching fish with friends in the morning so we can prepare it for lunch. Sun in the sky, the sea crystal-clear, the smell of pine tree and the sound of crickets. Those are one of the happiest memories I have from my childhood. Do you ever get that feeling, when a delicious dish takes you to another place, like a flashback to a memory? I get them a lot, not just because I love food but it’s so easy for me to associate moments with the delicious dinners or lunches I had that day. Foodie all the way!
This is a simple recipe and it takes you only 25 min to prepare. It has everything you need, fresh tasty fish and crispy delicious salad. Try it out, tell me what you think and hope you’ll stop by tomorrow for a new recipe!
Preparation: 15 min Cook time: 10 min Servings: 2-4
- 500 g sardines, fresh
- 50 g flour
- 50 g corn flour
- lemon juice to season
- 400 g beans, can or cooked
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 250 g lamb’s lettuce
- aceto balsamico to season
- extra virgin olive oil to season
- salt & pepper to season
- Clean the sardines and wash them before covering them in mixture of 50 g plain flour and 50 g corn flour. Heat the oil before you fry sardines, it has to be hot enough. Fry sardines in oil until golden and crispy. Season with a few drops of lemon juice and salt if needed.
- Place red beans in a large bowl, mix in lamb’s lettuce. Add sliced red onions. Season the salad with salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and aceto balsamico.