Hey guys! For me muffins are a starter cake, meaning before you want to try and make a cake, you can practice with muffins. If you get them perfect, you’re ready to make a cake. There are so many combinations of ingredients and recipes you can try out. Chocolate ones are the most common and the most delicious ones for me, especially if you make them soft and chocolaty filled with chocolate tears that will melt while baking. Like a perfect chocolate dessert with a chocolate surprise in every bite.
So when making chocolate muffins nothing goes better than mixing in some hazelnuts. But that is not the only option, you can put cherry jam, fresh raspberries or cranberries. You can also use M&Ms, that’s something I discovered a few months ago, and it is so delicious!
Use some of you’re free time, play with the recipes, make some muffins, you can even turn them into cupcakes by spreading some icing over them! Most importantly have fun and cook, cook, cook!
Preparation: 20 min Cook time: 20 min Servings: 2
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 100 g flour
- 80 g sugar, brown
- 80 g yogurt
- 50 g Nutella
- 100 ml oil
- 130 g bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp rum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 baking powder
- 100 g hazelnuts, toasted and crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate.
- In a medium bowl mix together 3 egg yolks, 1 teaspoon of salt, sugar, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add to the mixture melted chocolate and 1 tablespoon of rum. Stir in yogurt and Nutella.
- Mix together in a second bowl baking powder, flour and 2/3 of toasted and crushed hazelnuts. Add them to the chocolate mixture.
- Beat 3 egg whites until stiff. Manually stir them in the chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture in paper muffin cups and top them with 1/3 of toasted and crushed hazelnuts.
- Bake the Chocolate hazelnut muffins for about 20 min, check if they’re done by using a wooden pick.