For some time I haven’t posted any recipes and finally I’m back. The story behind this recipe is that my grandma used to make these cookies. As I’ve mentioned before, she is an inspiration for me and there are so many recipes she showed me how to make and I hope I can share as much with you.
Chocolate and vanilla are a classic couple almost everyone loves and these cookies are just one of the many recipes combining the two flavors. I usually make them for guests, when my nephew and niece are coming over for a visit or when friends come for a drink. I hope you’ll try them out and love them as much as I do!
Thanks for stopping by and visit again!
Preparation: 30 min Cook time: 10 min Servings: 15
- 50 g chocolate
- 2 tbsp milk
- 150 g butter
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 80 g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 140 g butter
- 100 g chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Melt the 50 g of chocolate over steam, stir in milk, egg yolk and 80 g of sugar. In a large bowl mix together softened butter with 250 g of flour. Add chocolate mixture and form a smooth dough. Roll out dough and cut out oval shapes.
- Place the parchment paper over a baking tray. Place the cut out cookies on a parchment paper and bake the cookies in a preheated oven for 10 min.
- In a large bowl mix together 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour over steam and stir until you get a thick mixture. When it cools down add softened butter and form a smooth cream.
- Melt 100 g of chocolate over steam. Serve cookies with vanilla cream and a chocolate glaze.