There is nothing better than sharing a homemade pizza with your family. There is something about it that makes it better than ordering in. Looking for the toppings in the fridge, grating cheese and ham, slicing mushrooms and making the tomato sauce surrounded with warmth and love of your family home in winter, Christmas songs on the radio, every part of it puts a smile on your face. And of course kneading the dough and pulling it is not as easy as it sounds, but after a few tries you’ll get the perfect combination of ingredients and after baking the crispy crust.
When making pizza it’s always about the toppings. Everyone loves another combination, some love with pineapple and ham, some love with all kinds of vegetables, some even with Nutella and there are always the classics. The best thing about pizza is that you can actually put everything on it and it will be great. So why not have fun with it, do it with your family and have beautiful holidays!
Preparation: 20 min Cook time: 30 min Servings: 4
- 40 g fresh yeast
- 4 tbsp water, warm
- 650 g flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 180 ml water, warm
- 400 ml tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g cheese, grated
- 400 g ham, grated
- 100 g champignon mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g bacon, sliced
- green olives
- Melt fresh yeast and 1 tsp of sugar in 4 tbsp of warm water and let it rest for about 5 – 10 min in a warm place. Mix together flour, 6 tbsp of olive oil, melted yeast, gradually adding 180 ml of water until you get a soft dough. Let it rest for 30 min in a warm place to double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C. Spread olive oil over the oven tray.
- In a medium sauce pan cook tomato sauce, 3 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of salt, oregano and basil until combined. Roll out the dough after it’s doubled in size, place it on a tray on which you’re going to bake the pizza.
- Spread cooked tomato sauce over the dough, then place grated cheese, ham, mushrooms, bacon and olives until the whole pizza is covered. Bake the pizza in a preheated oven for about 20 min.
P.s. The next posts are going to be about my trip to the beautiful city of Budapest, so stay tuned!