Pumpkin is the perfect vegetable, it can be used in so many recipes. It can be used in desserts like pumpkin pies or cakes. It can be cooked as a soup or a vegetable stew. There are also delicious main courses, appetizers, even pumpkin cocktails or liqueurs. It’s lately that I started cooking with pumpkin, and discovering what you can do with it and just a few different spices has really surprised me. I’ve tried everything from above but there are still pumpkin dishes I haven’t tried. If you know any delicious pumpkin recipes just share with me in the comment section, I’ve been looking for new recipes since I got a few butternut pumpkins from a family friend!
The recipe for Baked pork chops with pumpkin & oyster mushrooms is a combination of two recipes I’ve tried over the years and it works even better than anticipated. It is a perfect Sunday dinner recipe, goes well with a glass of red wine, and who doesn’t like red wine?
Hope you’ll give it a chance and try it out! Enjoy it as I did and hope you’ll come back for some new recipes!
Preparation: 20 min Cook time: 40 min Servings: 3
- 3 pork chops, (each about 150 g)
- 300 g oyster mushrooms
- 400 g pumpkin
- 200 g mozzarella, grated
- red paprika to season the meat
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Season the pork chops with salt, pepper and red paprika.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Peal the pumpkin and slice it and steam them for 5 min. Slice the oyster mushrooms. Place the pumpkin slices in an oiled up square bake tray and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Top the pumpkin slices with oyster mushrooms and pour olive oil over them.
- Place the pork chops on top of the mushrooms, cover them with grated mozzarella and splash some olive oil over it. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 min.