I have a three-year-old nephew who just loves cakes. He usually comes over on weekends and when he wakes up at the first mention of my name he asks if I’m making a cake. We all think that it’s funny, but the expectations are high, especially from him.
I must say, I’m also not that different, I love cakes, muffins, cupcakes, cookies, pies, ice cream, every dessert there is. There is just something artistic in preparing a cake, and the joy you feel when eating it is indescribable.
Cakes were actually the first thing I ever prepared. People usually say the first thing they learned to prepare was an egg or a sandwich, for me it was cake. Feeling tired of always buying cakes that were too sweet or just wrong, I decided to make my own cake – Ferrero Rocher cake – I can remeber it like it was yesterday. It was pretty delicious and it hadn’t passed a week until I made my second one.
This is a pretty easy-to-make chocolate cherry cake so put your cooking skills to use and start the oven! Enjoy!
Preparation: 20 min Cook time: 30 min Servings: 8
- 340 g cherry compote
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar, powdered
- 4 eggs
- 130 g chocolate
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 70 g soft flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 70 ml heavy cream
- 130 ml milk
- 500 g Mascarpone cheese
- 100 g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Butter a round cake pan.
- In a large bowl mix together softened butter and sugar. Melt 130 g of chocolate over steam. Add 4 egg yolks, cooled down melted chocolate and cocoa to the butter mixture and mix together. Stir in flour, a pinch of salt, baking powder and finely combine. Finally add cream and milk.
- Mix together 4 egg whites until stiff. Manually stir in slowly stiff egg whites to the chocolate mixture. Bake in a buttered round cake pan in a preheated oven for 30 min.
- Let the cake cool down. Splash 1 cup of cherry compote juice over the cake and place dried cherries on top of it.
- Melt the white chocolate over steam and let it cool down. Mix it in with Mascarpone cheese and spread it over the cake.