There always comes a day in a week when I crave for something more than fried or grilled food, then I turn to stews. I must admit I wasn’t a big fan until a few years back and now there almost hasn’t been a stew recipe I haven’t tried.
It can really be called a bowl of comfort, on a cold winter day to warm you up. With every spoonful you’ll enjoy the richness of the flavor. It’s simple and delicious so grab a cooking pot, what are you waiting for?
Preparation: 10 min Cook time: 1 h 30 min Servings: 6
- 600 g beef, chopped in cubes
- 4 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 ml tomato puree
- 3 tbsp red paprika
- 1,5 l water
- 0,2 l red wine
- 1 leaf laurel
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp red chili
- 2 tbsp Vegeta seasoning / all-purpose vegetable seasoning mix
- 4 tbsp fat / oil
- 400 g tri-color pasta
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat 4 tablespoons of fat or oil in a large cooking pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and crushed garlic. Simmer until light brown. Add chopped beef, season with Vegeta seasoning, red paprika, pepper and let it cook until soft for about 15 min. Pour water over it and cook for an hour occasionally check if there is enough water, if needed add another glass of water.
- After about an hour of cooking add tomato puree, red wine, laurel, parsley, red chili and cook for 15 – 20 more min.
- In a large cooking pot heat slightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Serve beef stew in a bowl poured over pasta.