I know most of you love lasagna. Layer upon layer of freshly chopped tomatoes mixed with ground meat covered in melted cheese. Makes your mouth water just imagining taking a bite out of it.
But have you ever tried seafood lasagna? I must admit, I was also taken aback when I first saw the title of the recipe, but there was no reason not to try it out. With all the right ingredients I could just imagine indulging myself with every bite.
For someone who loves seafood as much as I do this recipe is a ride to pure pleasure. Based on a recipe I found, with a few twists I added myself, a delicious recipe for Seafood lasagna.
Preparation: 25 min Cook time: 40 min Servings: 6
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 300 g bay scallop
- 300 g calamari, sliced
- 300 g small shrimp
- 200 g crab meat
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g butter
- 200 ml chicken broth
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 300 ml milk
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 200 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- In a large sauce pan melt 50 g of butter and saute finely chopped onion for 1 – 2 min. Stir in the chicken broth and cook until it boils. Add scallops, calamari and shrimps. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and crushed garlic. Cook until it boils and dry, keeping the broth.
- Mix the seafood with crab meat. In a second sauce pan melt 50 g of butter, stir in flour until smooth. Add milk gradually to the butter, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir over medium heat until it thickens. Remove from heat and add heavy cream.
- Butter a square baking dish. Place 3 pieces of lasagna noodles and spread 1/3 of white sauce over them topping them with 1/2 of seafood mixture. Place 3 lasagna noodles over them again and top it with 1/3 of white sauce covering with the second half of the seafood mixture. Again place 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of white sauce and finish it with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the lasagna in a preheated oven for 40 min.