Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. To tell you the truth I’m not the one who should tell you that because I skip it most of the time. But on the times that I don’t skip it, I make sure that it is the best combination of ingredients that are in the fridge.
Some would even say in Croatia that bacon is the most important meal of the day. We love our bacon. So it is not strange to even put crispy fried bacon in a salad. And I have to tell you if you haven’t tried, just do it, you’ll love it.
Saying salad always makes me think of lettuce, so in most of salads that I make for my family there is fresh lettuce. I even have the place at the market where I always buy it, knowing that it’s crisp and fresh.
This breakfast salad has everything you need to start the day. Crispy bacon, croutons, egg sunny side up and lettuce to give you the push you need for a busy day.
Preparation: 20 min Cook time: 10 min Servings: 1
- 2 slices bread, sliced in cubes
- 1 egg
- 30 g pancetta/bacon, sliced
- 100 g lettuce
- 1 tsp shallot
- aceto balsamico to season
- oil to season
- salt & pepper to taste
- Clean and wash the lettuce, slice it.
- Heat a small pan and cook the sliced bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and add cubes of bread, also cook until golden and crispy and season with shallot.
- In a small nonstick pan cook one egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the lettuce with salt, oil and aceto balsamico. Serve the salad with crispy bacon, bread and an egg sunny side up.