A delicious side dish or a delightful dinner. Certainly something you can prepare with a big bowl of lettuce salad. Every bite feels like you’re taking a bite out of a cloud.
Preparation: 15 min Cook time: 30 min Servings: 6
- 800 g cauliflower
- 800 g broccoli
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 0,3 l milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200° C. Butter a square casserole bowl.
- Clean and slice the cauliflower and broccoli. Steam the vegetables for 5 min until soft.
- Dry the vegetables and place them in the buttered casserole bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium sauce pan add butter and flour over low heat. Stir while adding milk. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg until thick. Mix in 3 egg yolks. Let it cool down. Mix 3 egg whites until stiff and manually stir them in with the cooled down egg yolk mixture.
- Pour the mixture over vegetables and top it with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake the vegetables in a preheated oven for 30 min. Serve as a side dish with grilled chicken breast or as a dish itself.