Amazing summer dish you can eat at the beach or on the porch looking at the islands in the distance, listening to the waves as they crash on the beach. Extremely easy to make, delicious in every way, every bite will take you to a beautiful sandy beach.
Preparation: 30 min Cook time: 30 min Servings: 6
- 250 g strong flour
- 8 g yeast
- 150 ml water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
Pork belly & vegetables:
- 150 g zucchini, sliced
- 150 g red bell pepper, sliced
- 150 g eggplant, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 450 g pork belly
- 2 tbsp red paprika
- 1 tsp red chili
- tabasco, optional
- soy sauce, optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix together flour, yeast and a pinch of salt. Add 1/3 of water and oil to the mix. Manually mix the ingredients adding the rest of the water and oil forming a soft dough which will come away from the sides. Knead the dough for 10 more min until you get a smooth dough. Leave it to double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 240° C. On a floured top divide the dough in 6 balls. Roll out the dough in oval shapes 3 mm thick. Dust the tray and place the dough on it and bake for 5 – 10 min in a preheated oven. Remove from the oven and cover with cloth until they cool down.
- Cut the meat into 4 cm pieces. Season the meat with salt, pepper, red paprika & red chili. Pour some oil over the meat to marinade. Heat the pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of oil if necessary. Cook the meat until crispy & golden.
- Heat a large wok over strong heat. Add vegetables and cook them constantly flipping them in the wok. Cook for 5 – 10 min until soft. When finished season with soy sauce or tabasco depending on which you like more – it’s delicious either way.
- Serve the pita bread cut in half filled with vegetables and crispy pork belly.