Sometimes it’s hard to choose between all of the sauces you can eat with pasta. Another surprise is tuna – tomato sauce with all of the herbs complementing the taste of fresh tomatoes paired with tuna.
Preparation: 15 min Cook time: 25 min Servings: 4
- 400 g spaghetti
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 g can tuna
- 2 tsp oregano
- 4 basil leaves, fresh
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes/700 g fresh tomatoes
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tsp parsley
- parmesan cheese, optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large cooking pot boil slightly salted water. Add spaghetti and cook for 4 – 6 min until al dente. When cooked dry the spaghetti and add a few drops of olive oil so it doesn’t stick together.
- In a medium sauce pan heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the chopped onion and crushed garlic. Let it simmer until light brown. Add tuna, stir to mix well and cook for a few minutes before adding crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat and let it cook for 10 min before adding oregano, parsley, capers, salt and pepper to season the sauce. Cook for 15 more min and finish the sauce by adding basil leaves.
- Serve the spaghetti with tuna – tomato sauce hot and topped with grated Parmesan cheese.