Classic union between chocolate and vanilla is a winning combination. There are so many cakes and pastries combining the two. From cakes to pies I’m sure you have your favorite. This is my version of the infamous couple.
Preparation: 20 min Cook time: 20 min Servings: 8
- 6 eggs, medium
- 60 g sugar
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 0.75 l milk
- 1 gelatin
- 4 tbsp oil
- 200 g bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Butter a square cake pan.
- In a large bowl mix together 6 egg yolks with sugar until you get a smooth mixture. Stir in water, flour, cocoa and baking powder. In a second bowl mix egg whites until you get a strong snow. Stir in manually the egg whites in the chocolate dough mixture. Pour the dough in a previously buttered cake pan and bake it in a preheated oven for 20 min.
- In a second bowl melt the gelatin according to the instructions on the package. Whip the cream and add the melted gelatin to it.
- Melt the chocolate over steam and add the oil to get a shiny glaze.
- When the cake cools down, cut it in half to get two layers of the dough. To assemble the cake place the first half of the cream on the first layer. Pour one half of the chocolate glaze over the cream and top it with the second half of the cream. Place the second layer of the cake and finish it by pouring the second half of the chocolate glaze over it.