Amazing, delicious, tasty… all the adjectives associated with the octopus salad. You can find this light salad all over the beautiful Adriatic coast in Croatia. Try out this easy recipe yourself using only the fresh ingredients and enjoy the salad with a glass of red wine!
Preparation: 10 min Cook time: 20 min Servings: 4
- 1 kg octopus
- 350 g tomatoes/cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup capers
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g black olives, seedless
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 leafs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot of slightly salted water. When it comes to boil put the cleaned octopus in the boiling water and return it to boil. Boil for 10-15 more minutes. To check if the octopus is cooked, poke it with a fork and the meat should be tender. Remove the octopus from the pot and dry it before slicing it.
- Place the sliced up octopus into a large salad bowl. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, basil, garlic and salt & pepper to taste. Season the octopus with olive oil sauce.
- Slice the tomatoes and an onion and add it to the octopus. Finish the salad by adding capers and black olives. Serve the salad cold.